Ah is it just me or have the winter germs been extra bad this year?! We’ve got a quick and easy way to get all the good stuff into you and your little ones! Basically all you do is blitz up these ingredients and then freeze the liquid into ice cube trays. When you’re feeling run down, pop one of these into a mug, top with hot water, and add a little drizzle of honey. It’s the best way to start your morning and you’ll be feeling better in no time!
5 juicy Lemons (zest and juice) 100g Fresh Ginger 100g Fresh Turmeric ½ tsp cracked Black Pepper
Turmeric is known for helping inflammation and for its antioxidant properties.
Lemon is packed with vitamin C and can have anti-viral properties.
Ginger has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Black pepper is helpful in reducing inflammation and helps enhance the healing properties in curcumin, the active ingredient of the turmeric (by 2,000%!)
Time to Get Cooking
1. Peel the lemons (try not to get the white part in) and blitz these in a blender until all blended up into tiny pieces. Alternatively, zest all the lemons.
2. Juice lemons.
3. Add blitzed lemon peel, turmeric, and ginger and blitz until it begins to form a paste.
4. Add in lemon juice and black pepper and blitz to combine.
5. Spoon into ice cube trays. Freeze until solid.
6. Add one turmeric ice cube to a mug and top with hot water. Drizzle in honey for sweetness (omit if your child is under 1)
Postpartum is a wild time… you’re in a baby bubble, flooded with so much oxytocin yet you’ve never been so exhausted. You are getting to know this tiny human that you brought into the world but you’re still discovering who you are as a mother. You have a deep sense of love that came so naturally but you also feel like maybe you don’t really know what you’re doing. So many beautiful paradoxes make up that post birth period.
Ah, bath time with your little bundle of joy – it's a splashy adventure filled with giggles, bubbles, and a whole lot of cuteness! Orrrr depending on the day, it could be a screaming, get it over as quick as possible nightmare! You just never know with babies haha! We do know this for certain, that our bath time essentials make whatever kind of bath time it is easier.