Bamboo is highly absorbent, absorbing up to three times it's weight in water.
Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and deal for sensitive skin. Bamboo fibre has no harsh chemicals which may irritate the skin. Bamboo has excellent natural antibacterial and deodorising properties. Bamboo is an environmentally friendly resource. It grows rapidly and thrives without the use of harmful pesticides. Bamboo does not require large amounts of water and will grow in dry Australian conditions. It regenerates naturally, does not need replanting, has excellent soil retention and helps prevent soil erosion. Bamboo fabric can be 100% biodegraded in soil by microorganisms and sunlight. The decomposition process does not cause any pollution to the environment.
Production Process of Luvme Bamboo:
- The Bamboo trees are cut to the distance between bamboo joints
- The taller bamboo tress are cut into shorter but still equal lengths
- The bamboo is then put into a stainless high pressure steam tank to cook for 1-3 hours to remove lignin and pectin. Then a plant enzyme is added to soak the bamboo for about 2~3 hours
- The next step is that it is sprayed with water by 80~90℃
- The pectin, fat and sugar can be removed so the bamboo will be softer and thicker